It’s official: Kingswood has been the place seniors love to call home for 40 years!
We want to celebrate this milestone by highlighting our services and giving you a peek at how we’ve grown in recent years. In addition to our more recent Assisted Living and Memory Support expansions, our expertise means a senior living experience like no other.
As a Life Plan Community, sometimes known as a Continuing Care Retirement Community, Kingswood provides Independent Living plus access to a full continuum of care. We’re proud to offer healthy and active lifestyle options for savvy seniors with access to first-class health care and a variety of floor plans like the Abingdon villa or the one-bedroom Cartwright Royale apartment.
Read on to learn more about how Kingswood continues to serve seniors in Kansas City.
How Does a Life Plan Community Work?
New Independent Living residents pay a one-time entrance fee determined by the size of their chosen residence and contract type. Entrance fee plans include the 50% Refundable Plan, the 90% Refundable Plan, or the Traditional Plan. Regardless of the contract type chosen, most residents are able to use the equity gained from the sale of their home to cover most or all of their entrance fee without using any of their other savings and investments.
Apart from the amenities, the benefits of a Life Plan Community include:
- Access to The Courtyards Assisted Living and Memory Support neighborhood, and the Health & Rehabilitation Center Long-Term Care areas
- A 20% health care discount for life in Assisted Living, Memory Support and Long-Term Care areas after one year of residency
- Potential tax savings for both the one-time entrance fee and your monthly fees
While not technically a level of care, an Independent Living setting offers residents in our senior living community access to all community services and amenities.
At Kingswood, our Independent Living apartments offer:
- All-inclusive, maintenance-free living
- Delicious, restaurant-quality dining
- State-of-the-art fitness and aquatic center with a heated pool and spa
- Gorgeous campus with community gardens, walking trails and a dog park
- On-site health screenings and health services
- 24-hour patrol with secured entrances and exits
- The most comprehensive approach to wellness in the KC area
Experience the Senior Living Difference at Kingswood
Kingswood offers Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Support, Long-Term Care, Short-Term Rehabilitation and Respite Care. We provide access to world-class services and amenities and around-the-clock care in a homelike setting.